A Spanish, French and Moroccan Experience

Sunday 20 December 2015

If you're ever confused where to eat, Bertin Bistro and Restaurant is the sure place to go filled with so many options! This two storey building with a French patisserie on the ground floor and Spanish Moroccan infused culinary on the first floor. Two very different yet attractive and ambient floors.



ATMOSPHERE: Buzzing lively environment! Upstairs is a more darker intimate space also serving shisha and downstairs is much more quiet and modern spaced seating area.


HEALTHY OPTIONS TO ORDER:



You can get quite lost in this menu, even in the juices section as there is such a great variety of fresh juices to chose from.


Drinks selection

- Detox selection: Acai Berry Cleanse and Clean Energy. The sweetness of the organic beetroot and dash of ginger tasted more delicious than I would have thought.


Salads

I always go for salad that are rich in ingredients. My favourite was Bertin's Goat Cheese Salad, such a delicious salad with pumpkin, walnuts and green apple!

The Avocado salad is also a good choice. Great combo of grapefruit and pomegranate.



Main course

Opt in for anything high in protein. You can't go wrong with chicken or steak!

The Saffron Chicken comes with rice however I ordered with green vegetables and sauce on the side. Don't be afraid to alter the order to your liking, it's your body and you have the right to feed it what you want.



The Steak Au Poivre is also a good choice. Once again I asked for vegetables on the side instead of the potato mousseline,




Desserts

Ok, this dessert page is dangerous!

Oreo Triple decker, Pistachio Fondant, Pain Perdu!! And then to my lovely surprise I saw GLUTEN and SUGAR FREE Coconut Cake. I did not expect that at all and yup, clearly I ordered this.
Covered in pineapple, this moist cake was divine.. I was very close to ordering seconds.





SERVICE: The team was super friendly and attentive to the orders (given the alterations) and the wait wasn't too long.


To be honest, I had to hold myself back from eating so much! Surprised I was well behaved however when I return (which I will no doubt) I will dive into their tapas selection and take a trip downstairs to the French Patisserie... Not so healthy but will be oh so happy! And that's all that matters right?


Healthy regards,


Fit N Curvy

No comments:

Post a Comment